Lately, we have been looking at how immigration has shaped Australia and its culture. We had to create questions for people in our lives who had come to Australia to find out about their journey.
Here are some of the questions we asked. We would love it if you yourself have come to Australia and could answer these questions too!
- Where is your home country?
- What was the main reason that you left your country?
- What was the hardest thing about leaving your country? Did you leave anyone behind?
- What was it like in your home country? What is different about living in Australia?
- Was it hard to assimilate into Australia culture?
- Did you speak another language in your home country? Was it difficult to learn English?
- Did you live in another country before settling in Australia?