Mystery Skype

On Wednesday morning, students in 5/6G participated in a Mystery Skype. Mrs Hurley knew which class we were Skyping with but couldn’t tell us where they were.

Mystery Skyping is where two classes come together without knowing which school or where in the world the other class is. Each class takes turns to ask closed questions to narrow down the location of the other class. If you ask a question and receive a ‘No’ response, then it is the other class’ turn to ask a question.

Before we skyped, we talked about the general types of questions we could ask to narrow down the other class’ location. We decided the the best way to firstly narrow it down was to ask “Are you in the Southern hemisphere?”

There are different roles for everyone in the class so that we can all participate. We really enjoyed learning this way. We got to practise our skills in communication, geography, collaboration and ICT.

Zoe & Alannah were great journalists for our class. They took photos and wrote a short blog entry:

On the 22/3/17 we did a mystery skype.

This our the jobs people did Photographer, google mapper, tweeter runners, answers, questioners, filters, greeter, and think tankers.

The school was called Mernda primary school.

The mystery skype started of with a funny start they started of mute.

They found us in less than 10 –15 minutes because someone turned around and showed our school name. In the end we found out that it was Chris’ from last year! He left our school and went to an other school in Mernda.

What was your favourite part of the Mystery Skype? What would you change? Which role would you take on next time?

3 thoughts on “Mystery Skype

1. Hi 5/6G,
    My favourite part was when the other class started off mute, I would change the questions they guessed us in 15 minutes in to it! Next time i would like to do is the tweeter. It sounds so much fun! From Zoe.

2. Dear 5/6G,
    The Mystery Skype was really fun and it was a surprise when we Skyped Chris’s class. It was fun when I was the Google Mapper. I would like to do that job again. It was hard at the start to come up with the questions to ask. What do you think was fun about the Mystery Skype?
    From Hamish

3. Hi 5/6 G,
    The mystery Skype was so much fun I was surprised when I found out that it was Chris from last year. My favorite part of the mystery Skype was probably taking the pictures, writing the blog post and watching the other class. I would like to do mystery Skype again one day it is so fun, i think other schools should have a go at it and see what they think.
    From Alannah